In May 2014, 60 years have passed since the establishment of the Holy Trinity Parish of the Russian Orthodox Church outside of Russia in Vancouver, B. C. The parish was started by the V. Rev. Archpriest Philemon Gorelik, who desired to purchase and preserve the historic Orthodox church building built by the late Archpriest Alexander Kiziun in the years between 1938-1940. The parish organized in 1954 by Fr. Philemon with a group of parishioners, purchased the church from the widow of Fr. A. Kiziun.
This anniversary was marked by the Holy Trinity Parish on the day of the Holy Trinity, the patronal feast of the temple. For this event, the patronal feast and parish anniversary, the ruling bishop of the Diocese of Canada, the Most Reverend Archbishop Gabriel of Montreal and Canada visited Vancouver.
On the eve and on the very day of the feast Archbishop Gabriel presided at the celebration of all services. On the day of the Holy Trinity, June 8th, Vladika celebrated the Divine Liturgy, Vespers for the Day of the Holy Spirit and lead the procession around the church. At the Lesser Entrance, by decree of the Synod of Bishops of the Russian Orthodox Church outside of Russia the archbishop awarded the rector of many years, and Dean of parishes of the western part of the Diocese of Canada, the V. Rev. Archpriest Serge Overt, the right to wear a pectoral cross with embelishment. At the end of the service Archbishop Gabriel read the Gramota of Blessing (an honorary certificate) that was bestowed to the entire parish by the Synod of Bishops to commemorate the 60 years of its existence.